Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Latest art project


I saw this on idea on pinterest - framing foreign coins to remind you of your trip.  Love it!
I thought this would be prefect for our hallway art using Canadian coins. 
I wanted to submit it to the Fall edition of the Pinterest Challenge dreamed up by Katie and Sherry, but my coins were still in Canada with G!  Oh well!  Maybe next time.

After sorting through G's coins, I found the best coins with lots of fun backsides and significant dates.  Our hallway art is all in black frames and most are from Ikea.  I ended up getting a frame from Target with a 4x6 opening to add some frame variety!

I placed the coins on brown craft paper and glued them with gorilla glue.  I let them dry for a few days...

Layout

Drying

Julia Child makes a great weight!
Done!
Now some pics of the gallery hallway!  It is a work in progress, but I like it!  On the left side - wedding collage, etsy "plants cats can eat" print, our wedding invitation, etsy state print, Notre Dame print we got in Paris.  On the right side - Sagrada Familia print from Barcelona, another etsy state print, and the Canadian coins.
Looking toward the kitchen from the furthest point.  Living room on the left, hall closet and guest bedroom on the right.
Closer view

Looking from the opposite direction.  At the end of the hallway is a picture of a bamboo forest we got in Maui on our honeymoon.
 Enjoy!
ELH



No comments:

Post a Comment